Rated 2 out of 5Â by HappyHarry2002 Hopeless
Well engineered but not well designed.
1. Not fitted with a reflector shield so the light shines in your eyes.
2. Length of cable only 1.8 metres so you will almost certainly need an extension lead.
3 Cage can only be unclipped using engineers pliers or mole grip which damages plating when fitting bulb.
4. Not fitted with bulb but GLS type recommended so bought an Eco Halogen one - mistake - this intense point light source casts very sharp line shadows of the wire cage which is most inconvenient in use. I suspect a CFL bulb might have been better as they have a more diffuse light.
5. Cable is pulled every time the clamp is operated. I'm not sure how long it will be before an inner conductor fails.
6. Spring on clamp is excessivly strong. A much lighter spring would be adequate to hold the weight of the lamp and indeed if you trip over the short cable you would probably not pull the lamp away from whatever it is attached to but do yourself an injury instead.
10 Feb 2016
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Motorbikes2 Work light
Exactly what I needed from your new store in Alnwick. Fantastic .
25 Jan 2016
Rated 2 out of 5Â by Gt970 Inspection lamp
Rubbish product, can not recommend. Bought on the strength of other reviews! Not sure why it scored so highly.
8 Dec 2015
Rated 2 out of 5Â by Earthling Too short to be practical...
A lead lamp, yes, but with a stingy 2 metres of cable it's more like a "short lead" lamp.
It seems that this unit is a bargain - if you only requre a short lead.
Yes, I kow we've all got extension cables nowadays but how annoying ...
Most other lead lamps have a decent length of cable - I only noticed once I had purchased AND separately bought a bulb (at extra cost)
Probably throw it back at screwfix.....
4 Dec 2015