Yardmaster Sliding Door Apex Shed 10 x 8'
Not to keep things dry
Firstly do not bother to download the Instruction Manual, it is out of date and incomplete. The spec says 'Fully ventilated' which implies there are no issues with the air inside-wrong!
With the shed comes the correct Instruction Manual and in addition notes on Maintenance including what to do for condensation and how to avoid water under the base rails. Why do Yardmaster not address these problems before delivery by supplying polystyrene sheets and also base rails without pre-drilled holes to get water running down the sides directly through to the inside of the shed. There is also an issue with the correct dimensions of the shed as to the actual size of the base required.
Once built, the first rain/wind resulted in a very damp floor, I think THROUGH the roof. Yardmaster assured me it was condensation.
Whatever the reason, if you want to keep property dry this is not an ideal buy
29 Jan 2015
Life too short
1) do not buy this product if you have:
- a hatred of meccano
- anger or impatience issues
2) allow 3 weeks
- 1st week to get fed up with it
- 2nd week to ignore it
- 3rd week to get it done cos everything you want to put in is getting wet
3) if you are buying a metal shed cos you think you will dismantle it to take it elsewhere, forget it, you wont want to go through it again.
4) No integral floor like you would have with a wooden shed.
5) Green panels will scratch and dent easily (think children with football)
6) During build be prepared to take sections apart cos:
- you have to cos instructions force you
- you find too late you have a part back to front
and then find self-tappers wont tighten a second time.
Oh and when you give up with gloves cos of the massive amount of small screws and washers, have some band-aids handy.
Life is too short to spend time on this product.
31 Dec 2014
I recommend this product but few of the following can be improved
missing pairs of nuts and bolts
and many places they could include nuts and bolts
some of panels do not sit properly on end
otherwise overall product once finished looks very good but ** its two person job and takes two days to assembled **
we are happy
26 Sep 2014
Although we have not received our Yardmaster Sliding Door Apex Shed 9'10" x 7'6" x 6'6". We have been extremely satisfied with the service & information received from screwfix & supplier of the shed. More details will follow when we receive & put up the shed.
4 Jul 2014