Yardmaster Sliding Door Apex Shed 6 x 5 x
Took myself and my partner over 7 hours to build,its ok if this is your thing but for diyers like ourselves this was awful,very fiddly parts,instructions wasn't clear enough for our liking,likks good when built but if you can get someone to build it for you then would be best.
Flimsy door handles are also a bit silly,reliability cant yet say as only been up for 1 day
Anyone who purchases this i wish you the very best of luck
6 Apr 2015
MISLEADING - IT'S BARELY 6 x 4
If you want a 6 foot by 5 foot shed, do not buy this one, it is only 6 foot by 4 foot. I rang Screwfix to advise they had delivered the wrong shed after much discussion they got Yardmaster to ring me: horrible woman had great pleasure in advising me that the 5 foot measurement includes the roof overhangs! As if anyone would take that into account when buying a shed! I said it was no good to me and wanted to return it, she said nothing to do with her, so I put it in the back of my truck and took it to our newly opened Screwfix Branch where the helpful staff couldn't believe it but happily refunded me!
Anyone know where I can buy a 6 x 5 shed?
13 Mar 2015
You get what you pay for!!
I bought this shed after giving it the benefit of the doubt, as it got a few bad reviews. However, I should have read the previous reviews more thoroughly, as I now wish I had never bought it.
Just a few points:
- It was delivered reasonably quickly after ordering.
- Assembly will take you a day, and will require two people. (At least for putting the roof on.)
- As others said, many of the holes do not line up and you will need to drill new holes.
- The materials are flimsy and it would not take much effort to break in. So don't keep anything valuable in it.
I have had a couple of problems with it so far:
- Firstly when we were assembling it, we found that one of the side panels was missing. However, after two weeks and two panels, the correct missing panel was delivered and the shed was finished.
- During assembly I noticed a potential design flaw. Namely that wind would be able to blow water up the roof panels and through the joint at the apex of the roof. (I believe they refer to this as 'fully ventilated' in the description.) The flaw was proven on the first night of rain, when I opened the door to puddles of water on the floor and water dripping through the joint in the roof. Now I am going to have to spend more money trying to make the shed waterproof.
All in all, you do get what you pay for. In this case, a cheap shed that you will have to spend money on if it is going to be fit for purpose. I would definitely NOT recommend this shed.
6 Oct 2014
Nice little shed
This is a good value product. It was delivered 3days after ordering. It sits on a concrete base which is the ideal location. It definitely needs two people to build it. My 14 year old son helped me, having someone to simply pass the screws is invaluable. It took us about 6 hours to erect, but the instructions are easy to follow. I would recommend familiarising yourself with the different components before building. You will need a cordless screwdriver or expect repetitive strain injury.
25 Aug 2014