Rated 4 out of 5Â by DC62 Good light quality
Already have one of these lights fitted, really pleased, thats why I bought another.
11 Sep 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Jumilla Neat Job
Surprisingly bright considering power consumption is 8 watts. Easy straightforward installation and set-up. The sensor head tilts which at first I was unaware of since it looks fixed in position. However once tilted downwards the light came on as required rather than whenever a car came past.
5 Aug 2014
Rated 3 out of 5Â by Lewin Finding my way
I find the lighting quite poor and would have liked
more space within the casing to accomodate
I would rate it Good
5 Jul 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Navcomic Very good but....
We have not had the PIR light for very long so reliability cannot really be determined as yet.
1. The PIR sensor is steerable to a degree both up and down and sideways
2. Take care getting the lamp lens off. It is held on by plastic lugs which could break off if they are over flexed. It is click-fit not screw on.
3. The chocblock connector inside can be completely removed to aid connecting to the mains input cable.
4. The sealing grommet for the cable entry can be fiddly to reseat after passing the cable through due to the recessed entry hole. The reseating of the grommet is probably best done from the back.
5. You will need long-nosed pliers to grip the heads of the mounting screws to place them in the mounting holes in the back panel as the holes are recesssed behind and to one side of the LED assembly.
6. The device is (I think) rated at IP44. The cover lens is not a complete seal to the main housing which is worth remembering if the unit is being placed under a leaking gutter...
7. As already mentioned by another reviewer, the light is LED harsh. However, there is sufficient of it for our application.
8. Keep the plastic housing from scrapping against any brickwork during installation. The housing does mark easily.
9. As the unit stuck-on label warns, and has been already said, if the LED unit does fail, it is complete replacement job.
1 Jul 2014