Titan TTB426GDO 20cm 750W Electric Pole Saw Pruner 230V
TITAN POLE PRUNER
These are an amazing tool, excellent value. I pruned a large hedgerow with branches up to 6" dia, I worked it hard, and this tool made it easy as pie. It is easy to manage, only becoming a handful as you extend the pole to near full length. It was easy to assemble the chain and bar, simple to adjust the tension. The 2 year warranty makes these even more attractive - I would recommend these to everyone.
21 Jan 2015
Titan pole saw
I bought this the other day jus to try ....I have quality petrol saws ...my first tree pruning with this electric saw was amazing .. Simple to use extends to 3 mtr with ease I put this through its test cutting up to 6 inch without a problem .. I will now use this a lot more and put the noisy petrol ones to shelf .....after a full day using it the only problem I can see is the power lead needs to be at least 6 mtrs .so will take it apart and fit one ,but apart from that well recommend it ,, just to let you know it doesn't come with chain oil and you do need it ,I hope this review helps
21 Jan 2015
Weak link chain
1. Used for about an hour. Cut well, then significant drop off to the point where it barely cut thin twigs due blunt chain.
2. Beware, constantly needs topping up with oil after about 10 to 15 mins use...it drinks it !
3. Heavy but manageable except when fully extended, it becomes cumbersome.
4. The warning instructions are so restrictive that if you followed every clause, you would hardly use it for what you would want to use it for. Its like Titan are covering themselves in every way!
5. I wish screwfix would sell spare chains!
17 Jan 2015
Bought this to do a couple of jobs in the garden. It easily paid for itself on its first use. This cuts through branches and thicker stumps like a hot knife through butter. I didn't think I would get much use out of it after its first intended use, but it's very versatile and I find I am using it on a regular basis.
You will need to buy chain oil as none is included. It would also be a good idea to consider a chain sharpener as replacement chains are Â£10 each and the chain does dull quite quickly.
Only gripe is the chain tensioner. It uses a loose allen key to adjust. It would have been great to have a quick tensioner built in as is the case of most other chainsaws. Still great value though.
8 Jan 2015