Short Back Victorian Straight Lock Door Handle Pack Satin Chrome
The handles seem to be a good quality, especially for the price. The latches are okay and work well. I didn't need the hinges so can't comment. Amazingly even the included screws are okay, which is exceptional in a product of this price - normally I use others. Very good value and easy to fit. I can't comment on reliability of any components as I have only just fitted them.
4 Jul 2015
Great little kit
Needed a cheap door kit to fit to a new door..
This fitted the bill and I was pleasantly surprised to find it of really good quality considering it was the cheapest kit.
Its been a couple of weeks now since i've fitted it and it's still a good springy handle and keep..
Only negative point was the hinge screws.. but I usually use my own screws anyway (another screwfix purchase) as I always find screws in kits are cheap.. one didn't have a slot to put the screwdriver into ! :-)
5 May 2015
Fit For Purpose
Good solid door handles with neat finish & at a very good price, the perfect compliment to my doors.
24 Apr 2015
Good for upstairs doors.
I bought 4 sets of these to renew existing door handles that were looking old and tired.
Basically I would recommend these, with the following minor points noted:
1. Only 8 domed chrome plated screws are provided with each door handle set. A couple of spares would be useful since they are easily damaged, and in my case one had a malformed head. If you are fitting these in bulk, buy an extra set as a spare - its not a lot of money compared to the time involved. Screwfix - ship the item with 10 screws - not eight!
2. I didn't need the hinges in my situation. These were binned - seems a bit of a waste.
3. The tube shaped mortice latch - the brass tongue moved a bit more than I would have expected in some cases - front to back (not in/out). With one unit I had to swap with another to ensure the door properly closed when simply pushed into position. Once fitted everything was OK.
Again - buy a spare unit if you are doing these in volume.
4. The latch part should be lightly lubricated before use - several of my latches were slightly stiff and 'scratchy' sounding. Oil fixed that.
4. Quality/Style - I fitted these on upstairs doors, I wouldn't however recommend these for main lounge/downstairs main rooms and similar - buy something with a bit more quality.
5. Overall, very happy with this product..
16 Jul 2014