Thompsons Thompson's Emergency Roof Seal Black 1Ltr
emergency roof seal
Excellent product , fixed leaking felt roof on downstairs extension. Its expensive but cheaper than having to replace the roof. I wish it came in a two litre can.
11 Dec 2014
Great product, roofing company's wanted Â£200 to Â£250 for a temporary repair. Thompsons roof seal did the job in 2 hrs not a sign of a leak.
3 Dec 2014
Great product, thick coat and gives a good spread over the affected area.
27 Aug 2014
Good stuff, hope it lasts
I purchased this stuff and here is the outcome:
1) It is very sticky and right consistency for covering any cracks/hole, for vertical holes larger than 1cm you may need two coats as it is not at sticky and may drip down.
2) Did not harden after 24hrs even if outside were more than 20deg. That was a surprise.
3) Coverage is quite good; I used less than half the can using it without mercy on any spot I suspected will fail in near future.
It is much cheaper to pay 16 pounds now that spending 1000s to replace a leaking roof on emergency basis.
4) I have not given the top marks as I do not know how will perform over time.
1) Use disposable gloves as this product is very messy. Use a little wood stick to mix it.
2) Use an 2inch old brush that you can dispose of it, as I do not think this goo is cleanable after that or buy a cheaper one for 50pence.
3) Make sure to clean all the dust before you apply it and cover the spots with few extra cm around.
4) Lock the cat if you have one for at least 6 hours, mine loves that roof so imagine what will do if walks inside the house with that stuff on her pawns.
3 Jul 2014