Ronseal High Performance Wood Filler Natural 1kg
Best wood filler
This wood filler is one, if not the best one you can find out there. You need to be carful as it will dry quick once you mix the hardener, however this is a bonus when doing jobs that you need to paint on after a short time.
Use it all the time on my jobs and it works great. I have used recently on the glass box frame that was rotten in a few places (see photos).
10 Dec 2014
Got the filler to repair some sash windows, was easy to mix, set quick and sanded down with no difficulty at all, unlike other fillers you also get plenty of hardner to mix the full tin.
Just the job.
24 Sep 2014
Good but sets a bit too fast
Have used this to fill screw holes in mdf. It's a very good filler and sands out to an invisibly thin edge much better than other fillers. However I find it sets much too quickly and I'm not slow either! They suggest mixing up a golf ball size lump but I found if I did that it sets up before I could use more than about half. Even mixing up half golf ball size lumps I found I still wasted too much. You either end up working too fast and slapping on too way much (more sanding) or work too slow and have it set up on the mixing board. Would prefer longer working time.
8 Jul 2014
Ideal for wood repairs
I have used this product for repairing pine stairs prior painting.
Here are my findings:
1) The can is half empty as is only 1 kg and I think that it is a marketing trick to give the impression that is more inside.
2) Dries very, very quickly (3-4 min) so DO NOT use larger quantities than a stated golf ball and mix the two components for about 30 seconds only.
3 )Smells horrible like superglue so make sure to have a lot of ventilation
4) Can be sanded after 30min so one can start painting over after 1 hour of application.
5) You will lose more time with the mixing and cleaning the can/knife after every mix than actually the application itself.
6) Can be used to reconstruct damaged wood like stairs steps, covering knots and wood joints points etc. For example I just have repaired a badly cracked step by applying 4 layers, one every 10 min.
7) The glue, once set, it is very hard, harder than wood itself.
8 Jul 2014