Rated 5 out of 5Â by ColinW Good but sets a bit too fast
Have used this to fill screw holes in mdf. It's a very good filler and sands out to an invisibly thin edge much better than other fillers. However I find it sets much too quickly and I'm not slow either! They suggest mixing up a golf ball size lump but I found if I did that it sets up before I could use more than about half. Even mixing up half golf ball size lumps I found I still wasted too much. You either end up working too fast and slapping on too way much (more sanding) or work too slow and have it set up on the mixing board. Would prefer longer working time.
8 Jul 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Strahinus Ideal for wood repairs
I have used this product for repairing pine stairs prior painting.
Here are my findings:
1) The can is half empty as is only 1 kg and I think that it is a marketing trick to give the impression that is more inside.
2) Dries very, very quickly (3-4 min) so DO NOT use larger quantities than a stated golf ball and mix the two components for about 30 seconds only.
3 )Smells horrible like superglue so make sure to have a lot of ventilation
4) Can be sanded after 30min so one can start painting over after 1 hour of application.
5) You will lose more time with the mixing and cleaning the can/knife after every mix than actually the application itself.
6) Can be used to reconstruct damaged wood like stairs steps, covering knots and wood joints points etc. For example I just have repaired a badly cracked step by applying 4 layers, one every 10 min.
7) The glue, once set, it is very hard, harder than wood itself.
8 Jul 2014
Rated 3 out of 5Â by Dennis1 only half the contents in the
I bought some recently based on the reviews listed. The product works well though a tad expensive for the amount received - i bought the 1kg tin as i had a few large holes to fill and on opening found if to be only half full - i can't even assume this was due to the contents slumping in the tin - it was clearly, just half full...does this mean that all the tins have only half their stated content? As a result i'm not sure I'll buy it again.
21 Jun 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by exetered Worth paying a few Â£ more for
I use this filler on a site with wooden doors and windows of various ages and conditions because it does not shrink and crack like powder filler. It may seem expensive at the point of purchase but repairs carried out with filler that cures in the presence of a hardener last significantly longer.
20 Jun 2014