Rated 4 out of 5Â by PornStarPete Solid Handrail
This is a lovely piece of wood.
I made it hard for myself in the beginning but in the end it looks great. The best way of installing it should be to have a pilot drill bit and 3.5mm drill bit for the holes. Make sure it is deep enough. before screwing it in. A 4.5mm drill bit for the ends and a tapper screw of 5mm. This will help when hand tightening the screw at the ends.
Looks fantastic and is solid.
31 Aug 2015
Rated 4 out of 5Â by skivory Burbidge Oak Handrail
Overall very good solid quality product. Unfortunatey quite difficult to install due to poor instructions and poor quality screws.
1. You have to download instructions from the web. It's only 2 sides of A4. Can't imagine why these can't be included in the box. I was fitting at my inlaws house and no internet.
2. Srews supplied are poor quality and very easy to strip head.
3. Because the oak is very hard it is critical to pilot drill sufficiently and pre-screw / unscrew before fixing in place.
4. Screws for end caps are bigger than the other fixings and have a spherical cover that can't be removed. Pilot drilling 3mm as instructions just does not work.
5. Quality of "silver" brackets is poor. You can see the surface stripping off as you tighten the screws.
21 Feb 2015
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Tiggr Staircase handrail kit
Well presented, easy to install, good quality - except the wall fixing screws, not too impressed - I beefed them up a bit and used my own. The finished article looks and feels good.
30 Dec 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by hertfordhirediyer Oak Burbridge Handrail Kit
As with other reviewers I found that if you followed the instructions (downloadable) carefully this was a good piece of kit for the money. Comes boxed up in a 4 foot (ish) long box so easy to transport.
Like others I found the only weakness was the screws supplied. I tried with the originals but in the end brought something a bit more robust.
If these had been usable it would have been a five star product - Richard Burbridge please note!
19 Dec 2014