Richard Burbidge Round Staircase Handrail Kit White Oak Oak 300 x 90 x 3600mm
Burbidge Oak Handrail
Overall very good solid quality product. Unfortunatey quite difficult to install due to poor instructions and poor quality screws.
1. You have to download instructions from the web. It's only 2 sides of A4. Can't imagine why these can't be included in the box. I was fitting at my inlaws house and no internet.
2. Srews supplied are poor quality and very easy to strip head.
3. Because the oak is very hard it is critical to pilot drill sufficiently and pre-screw / unscrew before fixing in place.
4. Screws for end caps are bigger than the other fixings and have a spherical cover that can't be removed. Pilot drilling 3mm as instructions just does not work.
5. Quality of "silver" brackets is poor. You can see the surface stripping off as you tighten the screws.
21 Feb 2015
Staircase handrail kit
Well presented, easy to install, good quality - except the wall fixing screws, not too impressed - I beefed them up a bit and used my own. The finished article looks and feels good.
30 Dec 2014
Oak Burbridge Handrail Kit
As with other reviewers I found that if you followed the instructions (downloadable) carefully this was a good piece of kit for the money. Comes boxed up in a 4 foot (ish) long box so easy to transport.
Like others I found the only weakness was the screws supplied. I tried with the originals but in the end brought something a bit more robust.
If these had been usable it would have been a five star product - Richard Burbridge please note!
19 Dec 2014
Good and easy to put up and looks good.
Only problem is the same as others found, be warned do not use the screws that come with the kit first the ends of the screw ware then the screw snaps half screwed in and you can't get the bracket off so you have to hacksaw it to get the bracket off then you have to saw 25 mm off the wood so you can drill a pilot hole and screw again.
Screws are to soft to go in to hardwood.
Used other screwfix screws I had and was much better.
18 Dec 2014