Rated 5 out of 5Â by LiveseysGas Excellent!
Been using the Flofit range for a while now on upgrades and full heating systems. Superb product. Only gripe is that extra insert force is required compared to JG but at half the price ill continue with Flofit. I always use the silicone Flofit spray to assist assembly.
5 Jan 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by rmplumbingservices Good stuff
My client wanted a budget bathroom and wanted all pipework reinstalling below floor level the cheapest way possible (always the way).
I opted to try out the FloPlast fittings kit along with the matching 15mm barrier pipe (25m).
So far I haven't been disappointed. The main struggle I found was ensuring you get the pipe and inserts fully home. If i'm honest I find the John Guest (JG) stuff a little more fluid fitting but these get there all the same. My only real gripe is the collet locking rings. They are a real pain when you have great big spam hands like I do.
They are still performing well and I like the variety in the pack, Even if I continue to use JG on a regular basis, these will still feature in the van.
For those of you who have never used speedfit before let me clear things up;
1. Only use pipe cutters (like 59590) and not a hacksaw...
2. Use plain inserts (like 64318), I used the FloPlast ones and found them to be a bit bulkier? Anyway these plain inserts need to be used when your fitting a compression fitting such as an isolation valve etc, basically anything with a nut and olive on.
3. Use ring seal inserts (like 69329) for all joints where a speedfit connection is. (i.e if you are fitting and equal 15mm tee then you will also need 3x 15mm ring seal inserts...
4. You CAN use speedfit on copper pipe (not chrome plated though) and you DON'T need to use inserts on copper!
5. You CAN mix n' match JG & FloPlast fittings, they are backwards compatible.
Enjoy your speedy plumbing.....
18 Dec 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by comeonnuirons Great value fittings
Great value fittings, if you want practicle fittings at a great price then these are for you. Not as easy to use as speedfit but just as good
15 Feb 2009
Rated 1 out of 5Â by ianstaller avoid these
Had more call backs for leaking fittings than any other type of fitting. Despite keen pricing I had to resort to binning all my stock of these as I could not trust them
13 Feb 2009