Eclipse Concealed Door Closer Electro Brass Â° mm
Does the job
Hard to say how reliable this will be as I only fitted it yesterday! However it was easy to fit despite my initial fears over pulling out the chain against the very strong spring. The instructions give no suggestions for this. I fitted the spring part to the door then used a large screwdriver to lever out about 10mm or chain then used a pump wrench to pull it out 50mm whilst a mate slotted in the locking tool held with pliers (so their fingers didn't get too close to the danger area).
8 Dec 2014
Appears to be just as good as the more expensive product but only time will tell.
Quite hard to prize the plates apart but got a good tip to use the claw part of a hammer to gain the required purchase.
16 Nov 2014
shut that door
closes the door ok. Much better than the huge external door closer which went for recycle.
Not sure of its reliability, give it 12 months
7 Nov 2014
Very good product and a great price too.
How to fit:
1. Fit main cylinder and cylinder plate to door.
2. Turn the anchor plate anti-clockwise to create slack in the chain
3. Pull the chain out by around 4cm and insert the chain key into the chain - this will hold the chain out
4. Turn key clockwise to remove the slack in the chain
5. Fit anchor plate
6. Remove chain key - open door first
31 Jul 2014