Rated 1 out of 5Â by KHAAAAAAAANN Flimsy and over-rated!
The DeWalt is marketed as a quality tool, but it is actually a step backward from my 6yo Bosch PSB 14.4v Hammer. I returned it for a refund, because a 6yo DIY-grade battered drill with a 10mm chuck and no battery capacity is actually better. Screwfix were great as always, no problems there.
1. Reasonable amount of kit for the money.
2. Light and compact.
2. Bright yellow with a big DeWalt box, so looks pro.
1. The chuck was bent as a bent thing. Tested with 2 separate 300mm bits, both had deflection of 10mm at the tip. This is an unacceptable amount of runout, and makes the drill virtually unusable.
2. Battery capacity is feeble. 1.3Ah batteries lasted about 10 mins of use.
3. Charger takes 60 minutes. Combined with point 2 means lots of coffee breaks waiting for the thing to charge.
4. The light is useless because it's positioned just above the trigger, meaning a lot of the tip of the bit is in shadow.
5. General build quality feels pretty flimsy, with bendy plastics and a high pitched electrical whine when the trigger is pressed.
In short I will not be buying another DeWalt. Shame, because if it was any good it would be a bargain.
25 Aug 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by DarrenW Fantastic tool!
Difficult to fault! Lots of torque, not too heavy, long battery life, good chuck - also looks great!!
21 May 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by HOUSEfix Just buy it..
Always bought Makita gear but decided to have a change. This bit of kit is awesome, its light and super fast 2000 rpm on gear two. My Makita's will be sitting at the bottom of the tool box for a while. If your looking for a drill then stop know, you've found it...Buy it.
9 Feb 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Den007 The Drill
great. DeWalt at it's finest, these will not let you down, pure and simple.
14 Jan 2013